Friday, October 3, 2008

Sarah Palin


Well, everyone said she did better than they thought she would. I was disturbed by her inability to form a complete sentence or answer simple questions about the sub-prime mortgage crisis. It doesn't take a lot of knowledge or words to fill 90 seconds. She was likable but I cringed through-out the debate at almost every answer.
I admire her accomplishments and her drive and determination. I just wish she was a better debater and better at answering media questions. I guess in the end most people will vote for a president and an agenda rather than the most polished debater. I just wish there was someone in the race that I could get excited about.

3 comments:

Jacob F said...

I was cringing too. It was thick on folksiness (and populism), thin on substance. I finally had to find something else to do, but kept it on in the background. She did do better near the end though.

Natalie said...

It's like I said: Go run for president. Who will your VP be? I suggest Grandpa Nelson. ;)

I've been wondering your thoughts on Palin. Thanks for the insights. You make me think d..e..e..p..e..r.

Sarah Coyne said...

First of all, I was excited to see that you have a blog!

Secondly, I agree with you about Palin. I'm actually just watching Dave Letterman rip the poor girl to pieces. She's nice, she's down to earth, she's likeable, but can she really run the country? I'm thinking, not so much!